Unsure what to do or in need of inspiration for your future choices? Facing challenges in finding opportunities to build up your CV? Employment skills you want to develop but don't know where to start? Feeling generally low in confidence about the future and looking for a positive experience to get involved in?
Our Inspiring Futures team can help.
Designed for 16 to 24-year-olds, our Inspiring Futures project is a fantastic new work experience and volunteering programme – offering a mixture of remote and in-person opportunities.
Gain a clearer idea of which career path you are passionate about, through the support of a mentor, and we’ll help you to find a suitable placement with a local business, charity, or a relevant employment project opportunity. Before you know it, you'll be on your way to learning new skills, building your confidence, and gaining new experience to add to your CV. Ansbury Guidance are delivering the project remotely at the moment in accordance with government guidelines, and it is open to you if you are currently living in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch or the wider Dorset area.
What does the Inspiring Futures project offer?
- Mentoring to discover which career path you’re passionate about
- Having a positive experience if you’re struggling with future choices
- Completing a fun work project to fit around your schedule
- Learning practical skills that employers are seeking
- Recognising your potential and increasing confidence
- Gaining new relevant experience to put on your CV
- Careers Advice and Guidance to support your next steps
- Earning a sense of achievement!
What opportunities are available?
- Complete a virtual or in-person work experience activity for a local business or charity across BPC or Dorset, suited to match your interests or career aspirations.
- Take part in our Inspiring Futures ‘Social Media Marketing’ group or ‘Young Adult Advisory Board’ group. If you’re interested in social media, blogging, podcasting, video creation, discussing ideas, or helping others - we’d love to offer you an amazing experience for your CV!
- A Careers Adviser can support you to plan your future steps, whether that's taking up further local opportunities, education, employment or training.
For more information please text "Inspiring Futures + your name" to 07884 438 908. Alternatively, you can call 01202 677557, email 4U@ansbury.co.uk, or fill out our online contact form here. One of our team we will get in touch with you shortly.